This Weekend’s Finds: Costume Jewelry Galore!
One of my specialties, albeit a strange specialty, is vintage costume jewelry. It’s definitely a specialty that you wouldn’t normally associate with a guy in his late-20’s, but I learned quite a bit from my mother over the years as well as the huge inventory of jewelry that she had after she passed away.
Due to the selling of that inventory and the abundance of jewelry I’ve found during some of the great years I’ve had in re-selling antiques, it’s tough to pass it up. This weekend ended up being a huge week for jewelry. Here’s some of the great finds:
- Huge Ledo Clear Rhinestone Brooch with Baguette Stones
- Very Unique Gold-Toned Enameled, Link Cheetah Brooch
- Gorgeous Hong Kong Orange Plastic Brooch and Earrings Set
- Vintage Layered Navette Rhinestone Brooch with Unique Center Stone
- Gorgeous Forrest Green Flower Rhinestone Brooch
- Renoir Matisse Triple Leaf Copper Brooch and Earrings
I also bought roughly $300 worth of jewelry that nearly filled my entire van in order to grab these items, so we’ll see if all of the vintage Avon and vintage Trifari/Monet pieces I found will make me some profit. A lot of colorful vintage wooden jewelry from the 1970’s and 1980’s as well. I’m still a bit hesitant as to how I’ll do.